Sunday, December 10, 2006

Where do you what to eat?

It must be genetic. My wife does this and so does her daughter. The granddaughter doesn't do this so much but she is young and still has mommy and Grammy traits to acquire.

I'm talking about going out to lunch. It goes like this:

Me: Hey darling, lets go out to eat.
Wife: OK, if you want to.
Me: Great, let's go.

We get in the car... I have a restaurant in mind.

Me: So, is the Sports Bar OK for lunch?
Wife: I'd rather not.
Me: OK, where would you like to go?
Wife: Oh, I don't care.
Me: OK, well how 'bout Red Robin then?
Wife: No, I'm not in the mood for Red Robin.
Me: OK, where do you want to go?
Wife: Oh, anywhere you want is OK with me.
Me: Well, how 'bout a little help here, what kind of food do you want?
Wife: Mexican is good... Italian is good too. Really, anything you like.
Me: OK, how 'bout Johnny Carino's?
Wife: If you want to. I guess that will be OK.
Me: We could go somewhere else if you would rather.
Wife: I really don't care where we go... just pick something.
Me: We could go to Burger King!
Wife: You know I hate eating there.
Me: OK, fine. Let's go to Jose's.
Wife: OK, that sounds good.

So we get to the restaurant get seated and she orders a salad. Not a taco salad, just a dinner salad.

Me: Is that all your having?
Wife: Yes, I'm not very hungry.
Me: Then why did you care if we went to the sports bar?
Wife: I told you I didn't care where we went!
Me: No, you said you didn't want to go there.
Wife: Your problem is you go to restaurants to eat!
Me: Yea. I'll confess to that. Why do you go to restaurants?
Wife: You wouldn't understand... just eat your lunch.

No comments: