Saturday, December 09, 2006

What did you call me?

My wife rarely uses "bad" language. I accuse her of using big words when we have "discussions" about things we don't agree about. For instance, I might say, "It's going to be a nice day." Her reply, "Don't count your juvenile poultry before completion of incubation!" I'll say, "It looks like the clouds are clearing out." She says, "I see delineations in the cloud cover."

So with this in mind, when I tell you she called me an asshole you have to understand she didn't actually say "asshole," today she just gave me the "look" and then told me that if I didn't "shut up" she was going to hit me. HA! She is all of about 100 pounds and I might just scare a retired Denver Bronco Line Backer.... well, maybe scare is a bit strong.... Anyway, she could hit me all day and it wouldn't hurt... at least not much.

What really scared me was she didn't use a big word to say she was going to hit me. It's like she really wanted to warn me to shut up.

I was just hav'n a little fun. Trying to add a little raz-a-muh-taz to a Saturday evening. Nothing bad... honest, I was just teasing. You know what's really bad though? I don't remember what I was teasing her about.

I do remember shutting up!

No comments: