Sunday, December 10, 2006

ICE

The weather man said it may snow today. He is wrong more than he is right but once in a while he gets it right. Sometimes you can tell just by the tone of his voice if he is right. I think most weather people know they are 80% bluff or BS however the other 20% they know what they are talking about. Like a couple of weeks ago I was listening to the local news and he said there was a 30% chance of snow and he said it with conviction too... I didn't have the heart to email him and tell him it was 100% chance of snow at my house.

Anyway, the weather man is saying snow, again, maybe. So yesterday I decided I should break up the ice in the fish pond before it gets freezing cold for 8 more days and instead of having 8 inches of ice I'll have something less.

Armed with my trusty 20 pound iron bar I started beating the ice. A crack here and a break there. It slowly started to break. I beat on it, punched holes in it, cussed at it and I finally did break it up. Huffing and puffing I put my tool of destruction back in the garage and congratulated myself on a job well done.

This morning I looked out at the pond and instead of having a smooth layer of ice I now have a bumpy layer of ice. I'm pondering where my logic went left while I turned right. What the hell, I needed the exercise.

Looks cloudy out... might snow.

No comments: