Friday, November 17, 2006

Headline: 1 in 3 Babies Unplanned

The Guardian (news) located in the UK reports: One in three babies is conceived by mistake, the result of missed pills and split condoms. The article goes on to say that women aren't in as much control over conception as they thought... because they forget to take their pill!

So let me put this another way... I'm driving my car down the street and approach a stop sign. I forget to stop and t-bone some guy in the middle of the intersection. When the cop arrives and is trying to determine who screwed up I won't be given a ticket because I forgot to stop? Honest officer, I wasn't in control of my car... I forgot to stop!

Or then, "OH MY GAWD, I was with John-boy last night and we screwed until I could hardly walk and I don't think I've taken my pill for 5 days... Ah SHIT, I forgot!"

I'm just not in control of my live, my body. Now I'm pregnant and all because the damn pill didn't work. Sure.

And about the split condom. Right. What probably happened is the sucker falls off as soon as he does his thing. She wants to know why there is a wet spot when the condom should have contained the semen. "Well, darling," he says with a deep voice, "the damn thing split because I'm such a man." Sure honey, sure.

I will leave you with this to ponder:

No comments: